Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Kris Pinot Noir, 2009

A rule of thumb I have is, "don't buy a wine unless the varietal is indigenous to the region".  So, abiding by that I should not have purchased Kris Pinot Noir from Italy.  However, my wine rep told me how good it was, so I had to give it a try.  

Kris 2009 Pinot Noir ($13) has a medium ruby color.  The aroma is red fruit, spice and earthiness. A light red wine, the earthiness flavor overpowers any fruit on my palate.  It started out a little more acidic than I like, but after breathing that disappeared.  Not a bad wine, not a great wine.  I could take it or leave it. There are other Pinot Noirs I enjoy more.

Winemaker's Notes:  Dark ruby in color with purple hues, Kris Pinot Noir shows enticing aromas of ripe blackberries and red forest fruits. Flavors are dominated by red and black fruits, followed by subtle earthiness and firm, well-framed tannins. Pairs exceptionally well with Speck ham and Taleggio cheese, but is also a delicious accompaniment to more casual Italian meals like pasta, pizza, and sausages.

No comments:

Post a Comment