Monday, November 7, 2011

Sofia Riesling, 2010

At one of my tastings this weekend I tasted out Sofia Riesling, 2010, Monterey County, Califorinia.  This is from Francis Ford Coppola Winery in Sonoma, California. A nice light, balanced semi-dry Riesling, the flavors were peach, minerality, a hint of honey and a finish of green apple.  I thought it was rather nice.  Customers enjoyed it and it sold very well.  Perfect for your Thanksgiving meal or holiday table.

Winemaker's Notes:  Our Sofia Riesling dazzles with full, ripe fruit flavors balanced by a vibrant acidity. Off-dry in style, this Riesling has an intoxicating perfume of pears and apricots, along with luscious flavors of white peaches, green apples, and a hint of pineapple.    

Customers loved the distinctive shaped bottle.  I must admit that I purchased this not just to enjoy the wine with my sushi, but because I wanted the bottle.  I've soaked off the label and put a pour  spout in it to use if for my olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment