Friday, January 6, 2012

Tinto Pesquera Crianza, 2007

Going back 20 years, when I was on the founding board of Les Amis du Vin's Newtown, CT Chapter, I enjoyed Tinto Pesquera.  Recently, while wandering the aisles of Total Wine, I spotted it on the shelf and had to give it a taste.  

Tinto Pesquera 2007 Crianza ($32) is from Pesquera Winery in the Ribera del Duero region of Spain.  It is 100% Tempranillo and aged for 18 months in oak.  The nose is a jammy berry with tobacco and an old world hint of barnyard.  The flavor was jammy fruit with tobacco.  Tannins were low and well integrated yielding a nicely balanced wine.  I enjoyed this 20 years ago and I enjoyed it now.    

Winemaker's Notes:  Bright raspberry fruit is underscored by the typically gravelly Pesquera minerality. A long finish includes integrated tannins for near-term enjoyment, well-balanced for many years of bottle evolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment