Saturday, August 11, 2012

Firesteed Pinot Noir, 2009

I was in the mood for Pinot Noir the other night and for some reason I had it in my head that it had to be from Oregon.  So I purchased Firesteed Pinot Noir.

Firesteed 2009 Pinot Noir is from Oregon.  This is fermented in stainless steel tanks and under goes malolactic fermentation with some oak aging.  It had a delectable aroma of cedar and cocoa.  On my palate the flavors were light berry with smoke and leather.  Quite enjoyable while I was relaxing and cooking dinner.


Winemaker's Notes:  Garnet in color with aromas of raspberries, cedar, leather and exotic spices, the wine's berry and cherry flavors are framed by soft tannins and continue throughout its on the lingering finish.  Grapes for this wine, as in previous years, were sourced from throughout the Willamette, Umpqua, Rogue and Walla Walla Valleys, creating a truly Oregon blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment