Sunday, August 12, 2012

Salvatore Principe Rosso Dolce

While I was doing my tasting Saturday another distributor was tasting out Salvatore Principe Rosso Dolce ($8) from Italy and 100% Lambrusco.  Since this was a new in the store, and  customers do ask about sweet red wines, I had to taste it. (Okay sure, just another excuse to taste wine.)  The flavor was semi-sweet (not sweet like a Moscato) and cranberry or slightly tart cherry.  This was frizzante. If you're interested in a sweet red wine then I  suggest this.  For $8 its worth a try.  From what I could see it seemed to be selling well.

Winemaker's Notes:  Salvatore Principe Dolce Rosso is a soft red wine that tickles the tongue with flavors of black cherry and plum, finishing with a touch of sweetness.  Serve slightly chilled.  Pairs well with on its own, mild cheeses, pasta dishes or cold cuts.



No comments:

Post a Comment