Monday, June 18, 2012

Clos du Bois Rouge, 2010

Finally, something new for one of my tastings!  It was such a welcome change for me and also my customers.

Clos du Bois 2010 Rouge ($10) is from Calfornia and is a red blend.  Unfortunately there is no information on this vintage which was quite disappointing for me.  The aroma was dark berry (remember in a 2 oz. plastic tasting cup, it's difficult to discern), with berry and spice on the palate, finishing with a hint of black pepper.  This is a medium body wine.  Nicely balanced.  Great for grilling steaks or hamburgers.  Customers enjoyed this wine and it sold very well.  

At this tasting I was also pouring Francis Coppola 2010 Rosso.  (See my review in two days.)  Customers preferred this over the Rosso.  I have not met a Coppola wine I did not enjoy, but I had to agree with customers, I preferred Rouge.

Winemaker's Notes:  (Not available) 

No comments:

Post a Comment