Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sangria

The weather has been delightful and it's put me in the mood for something fun to eat. This weekend I'll prepare what I call picky food. I put out a buffet meal to munch and pick on.  Quesadilla's and an assortment of fixings for nachos and tacos are on the menu.  To finish it all off I'll make Sangria. I haven't decided on which recipe I'll use, but thought I'd share them with you.  We'll sit, relax, eat, drink, and chat.

Cava Sangria
1 (750 ml) bottle Cava, chilled
1 c. White Grape Peach juice, chilled
1 large orange, juiced
¼ to ½ c. orange liquor (triple sec, Grand Mariner, or Cointreau)
Your choice of fruit: 
     strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, apples,
     orange, lemon

Slice and dice fruit into bite size pieces.  Raspberries and blackberries can be left whole.  Set aside.

In a large pitcher add White Grape Peach juice, orange juice, orange liquor, and fruit.  Stir.  When ready to serve add Cava.

Sangria with a Kick
1 (750 ml) bottle Sangria, chilled
¼ to ½ c. orange liquor (triple sec, Grand Mariner, or Cointreau)
3 Tbl. sugar
½ large orange, sliced thin and then in quarters
½ large orange, juiced
1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
1 lemon, sliced thin

In a large pitcher add fruit, sugar, juice from half an orange, and orange liquor.  Add the bottle of Sangria.   Stir and serve.


If you have children, here's a non-alcoholic recipe for them.  When I volunteered at my children's school for Spanish club I'd prepare this and they loved it.

Sangria
1 gallon grape juice
1 bottle club soda
1 c. sugar
1 lemon
1 orange
1 apple

Cut fruit into tiny pieces and place in a punch bowl or pitcher. Add sugar and grape juice. Stir.  Just before serving add club soda. Serve.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment