Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sawtooth Riesling, 2008

While in New York visiting my mom and dad, we went to  a great liquor store so I could wander the wine aisles. (Talk about so much wine, so little time!)  Dad recommended Sawtooth Riesling to me.  He enjoyed it and thought I would too.  Daddy knows best.  It was very nice!

The 2008 Sawtooth Riesling is from the Snake River Valley AVA in Idaho.  Yes, IDAHO!  What a surprise for me.  This delicious wine has a mineral and fruit aroma.  Flavors of apple and peaches with a hint of minerals.  Crisp and refreshing.


Winemaker's Notes:  This wine has a great nose filled with apple, pear, peaches and a hint of mineral. This wine has residual sugar and balanced acid that provide complexity to this fruity wine. Will pair well with sausage and spicy dishes. Enjoy this off-dry Reisling with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment