Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cupcake Sauvignon Blanc, 2011

With all the wines I've been pouring for my tastings that have been on the upper end of the spectrum, I tasted out a Sauvignon Blanc.   

Cupcake 2011 Sauvignon Blanc ($10) is from Marlborough, New Zealand.   This wine did not disappoint.  It was your typical fruit forward New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.  The nose was a delightful grapefruit/citrus.  The flavor was a tad milder than the 2010, but still a bold grapefruit, lemon, lime. There was a hint of tartness on the finish which I attribute to a flavor of goosebery. I enjoyed it as did the customers. 

Winemaker's Notes:  This Sauvignon Blanc is reminiscent of a lemon chiffon cupcake. It’s made up of integrated flavors of Meyer lemons, Key limes and a finish that awakens the appetite There are hints of grapefruit, gooseberry and citrus, and comes together with a long, creamy finish.  Serve chilled with oysters on the half shell or with a rich, cream lobster risotto.  

Note:  Customers were all telling me how much they enjoy Cupcake Chardonnay.  This is one Chardonnay that I have to taste.  One customer told me about Cupcake Angel Food.  That I purchased and hope to taste and review soon.  It is a white blend and primarily Chardonnay.

No comments:

Post a Comment