Friday, February 17, 2012

Botani, 2010

I have been trying to catch up on all my old issues of Wine Spectator.  In the November 15, 2011 issue I read an article on Jorge Ordonez & Co. in Spain.  Pictured was a Botani.  I had seen this in several stores and passed it by. (The label just didn't speak to me, what can I say.) I now had to purchase it to taste.  

Botani, 2010 ($14) is from Jorge Ordonez & Co., Malaga, Spain.  It is 100% Muscat Alexandria, is 70% fermented in stainless steel, and 30% oak aged.  When I think Muscat grapes, I think sweet.  With this wine that is not the case.  Botani is a dry white wine.  The aroma is  peach with grassiness.  The flavor is light peach with a tart (Granny Smith apple) finish.  Crisp and refreshing.  Definitely a wine that I'm adding to my summer must haves.  

Winemaker's Notes:  Pale straw color. Fresh, fragrant and mature, brimming with the aroma of Muscat grape, apple, mandarin orange and a pinch of wilted flowers. On the palate it is fruity and dry, with notes of citrus and a gentle finish.  Botani pairs perfectly with all seafood, spicy food, sushi, or simply with the best company.

2 comments:

  1. Great taste, one of the best! I bought it from www.vinogusta.com and loved it! thank you for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete