Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dreaming Tree Chardonnay, 2010

 I have been delinquent in updating my posts.  I have so many wines to review (one's I've purchased, some from my tastings, and those from other distributor's tastings) and so little time.  Tonight I'll review a wine from last Friday nights tasting (February 3rd).

Dreaming Tree 2010 Chardonnay ($14) is from California's Central Coast (78% Monterey County, 22% Santa Barbara County).  It is oak aged for 9 months.  Dreaming Tree is owned by Dave Matthews, of the Dave Matthews Band, and the Winemaker is Steve Reeder from Simi.  This is relatively new and has been in the market for about six months.  The  aroma was not detectable in the plastic tasting cup.  The flavors were granny smith apple, spice, and a hint of oak with a nice balanced acidity.  Very popular with my customers.  

Winemaker's Notes:  The fruit jumps out of the glass and reminds you of roasted pear or baked apple pie. Big fruit andbrown spices that are backed by a distinct Central Coast citrus note. The entry coats your mouth with these great flavors. Easy to enjoy, this wine will bring the coastal wine adventure right to your home.  Food Pairing:  Delicious on a warm summer night with grilled seafood, seafood-and-chicken paella, fresh fava bean salad, or buttered radishes and smoked salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment