Monday, December 19, 2011

Cranberry-Orange Mimosa

Just before Thanksgiving I found this recipe in my recipe box.  Not sure where I got it from.  I want to pass it on in case you would like to make it for Christmas.   

Cranberry-Orange Mimosa
Simple syrup:
2 c. sugar
1 c. fresh cranberries
1 c. orange juice
½ c. water

Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.  Cook 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves.

Remove from heat and mash with a potato masher.  Pour through a wire-mesh strainer, pressing berries with back of a spoon.  Discard solids.

Refrigerate at least 24 hours.

Mimosa:
            To a champagne glass add ¼ cup simple syrup and ¾ c. sparkling wine.  Stir.
 
Enjoy!

Note:  If you enjoy sweet then the mimosa proportion of champagne to syrup (above) is perfect for you.  I on the other hand like it less sweet and changed the proportion to -  3 tablespoons cranberry-orange syrup and 3/4 cup Prosecco.  It was delicious for me and made my cooking in the kitchen more fun.  If you want it less sweet then play with the ratio of cranberry-orange syrup to sparkling wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment