Friday, December 16, 2011

Pandemonium White, 2010

I had a 60-day trial membership to BJ's.  It was up this month so I shopped there like it was my last shopping spree.  I must admit they have an interesting selection of wines, albeit a small one.  I purchased a number of wines that I hope to review over the coming weeks.     

One of the wines I purchased was Pandemonium White.  What possessed me to purchase this wine?  The label?  The blend? The fact that I had a temporary membership to BJ's and was shopping like I'd never shop there again?  What ever the reason, I'm glad I purchased it.  

Pandemonium 2010 White ($9) is from California; Lodi and Clarksburg to be exact.  It is a blend of Chardonnay, Moscato,, Semillion, and Viognier.  What a pleasant surprise this was.  A refreshing aroma of grapefruit, peach, butterscotch and honey.  The flavor to me was reminiscent of Chardonnay and difficult to determine specific flavors.  Nicely balanced with low acidity.   A must try.  

Winemaker's Notes:  This wine has a great expression of fruit and depth of flavor. Each variety adds layers of fruit and presents a constantly unfolding aroma to intrigue the taster. The aroma of tropical fruit and pear are revealed from the Chardonnay and the Semillon followed by the floral scent of Viognier. The experience is capped off with notes of white peach and honeysuckle from the Moscato. The lush and silky mouth feel is developed by vinifying each variety as individual wines which allows each wine lot to reach its fullest potential before blending into Pandemonium.

No comments:

Post a Comment