Monday, December 5, 2011

Fox Run Vineyards Riesling, 2009

The preparations for Thanksgiving are over, but the hustle and bustle of Christmas is now here.  It seems that I am going non-stop.  I have found so many wines to taste and review.  I have also had a number of new wines for my tastings.  Definitely - So much wine, So little time!  Let me start with a wine I purchased for Thanksgiving - Fox Run Vineyards 2009 Riesling.  

Fox Run 2009 Rielsing is from upstate New York, in the Finger Lakes region.  I had wonderful visions of a delicious wine.  A riesling would be a nice compliment to our Thanksgiving meal.  But, it was only a vision and in actuality this wine fell quite short.  There were no tantalizing aromas and a mouth feel and flavor of water.  It was very disappointing to all of us at the dinner table.  The winemaker's notes does not even come close to describing the wine we drank.

Winemaker's Notes:  Loads of tree fruit aromas, especially nectarine and tangerine, are found in this fragrant wine. The palate is perfectly balanced, with a soft yet zesty finish. The slight sweetness makes this Riesling incredibly versatile. Lovers of rich, complex wines will find this wine highly cellar-worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment