Monday, December 19, 2011

Pandemonium Red, 2009

A couple days ago, in my last post, I reviewed Pandemonium 2010 White and asked the question, "what possessed me to purchase this wine?"  I know what possessed me to purchase the red ... I was purchasing the white so I had to get the red too!

Pandemonium 2009 Red ($9) is from California; Lodi and Clarksburg.  It is a blend of Zinfandel, Malbec, Merlot and Petit Verdot.  It has a great complex aroma of blackberry, tobacco, and charred wood.  The flavor is a hint of blackberry with tobacco slightly jammy.  Yum!  (Such as the wine term that it is.)  It is medium bodied. Low tannins and low acidity.  I enjoyed this wine.  For the price, it's a great everyday wine to keep on hand.

Winemaker's Notes:  Embracing its name, this wine shines through its unrestrained, unconventional blending of four red varietals. The rich spice and jammy flavors of Zinfandel mingle wildly with the dark cherry and blackberry fruit of Merlot. Zesty aromatics from Petit Verdot round out the palate while Malbec delivers a soft, silky finish resulting in a wine with intense fruit and depth of flavor. Each varietal is crafted independently to allow for the expression of its individuality and then combined to deliver a rich and smooth wine that only a little pandemonium could create.

No comments:

Post a Comment