Monday, April 9, 2012

Chandon Chardonnay, 2009

During my tastings at Christmas and New Year's, several customers told me how much they enjoyed Chandon Chardonnay.  It's taken me a few months, but I finally purchased it to taste and review.  It's more than I typically pay for a wine, but in the end, it was worth splurging on.  

Chandon 2009 Chardonnay ($27) is from the Carneros region in California.  This was a nice complex wine.  Balanced.  I found the aroma to be a bit tropical with a hint of herbaciousness and butter.  The flavor was tropical with apple, citrus and spice.  Medium acidity. I agree with my customers - a very nice Chardonnay.

Winemaker's Notes:  "The wine’s aroma is fresh and structured with floral notes highlighted by elderflower.  As a signature of its Carneros appellation, the wine’s mineral aromas remain lifted by balanced acidity.  When harvesting at optimal ripeness, characters of white Burgundy are revealed in the wine as subtle, yet present, with the oak being perfectly integrated.  Fuji apple, lemon and other citrus flavors create a satisfying, seamless palate that finishes with notes of white peach and apricot.  

The depth of this versatile, food-friendly Chardonnay makes it a natural match for hearty seafood dishes like grilled salmon or halibut. Pair it with roasted chicken or with a Chinese chicken salad for a lighter meal."

No comments:

Post a Comment