Friday, April 27, 2012

Bellini Recipe


I thought I'd take a detour from reviewing a wine to providing a recipe.  For one of my tastings on Easter weekend I poured Lunetta Prosecco. Because of the holiday, family gatherings, and brunches I not only poured the Lunetta Prosecco, but I brought my pitcher and made Bellini's.  Bellini is a peach version of cocktails prepared with sparkling wines.  It is Italian in origin, so what better ingredient than Prosecco (although truth be told I also use Cava and sparkling wine).

Bellini
3 c. Prosecco
1½ c. Peach Nectar
½ c. simple syrup or to taste

Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher or punch bowl.  Serve in glasses filled with ice. 



Simple Syrup
In a small saucepan put equal parts sugar and water.  Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved.  Let cool.  Pour into a glass container and put in the refrigerator.  Use as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment