Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Paco & Lola Albarino, xxxx

I was in the mood to try a varietal I don't normally purchase.  At Costco I found Paco & Lola Albarino.


Paco & Lola 2008 Albarino is from the D.O. Rias Baixas, Spain.  It is 100% Albarino.  For me, the aroma was a heavenly peach and floral.  The flavor was granny smith apple and minerally. I'd say this wine was ... interesting.  Glad I tasted it.  Didn't dislike it, but wouldn't rave about it.  Middle of the road.

Winemaker's Notes:  "Appearance: attractive straw color with hints of green in the rim. Clean and brilliant.

Nose: very expressive and harmonious nose.  Fine notes of white fruit (green apples, pear) and  lemony aromas. Hints of herbs (basil) and flower blossom base notes. Surprising aromatic intensity.


Palate: clean and textured. Seductive exotic palate of pineapple and mango intermingled with refreshing citrus flavors amplified by minerally accents. Silky but yet full bodied, with long lingering finish. Round and very tasty.


Paco & Lola make a Divine Duo with sushi, pastas, fish, rice dishes, white meats, seafood, fish and shellfish
stews. "

No comments:

Post a Comment