Monday, April 23, 2012

Cupcake Moscato d'Asti, 2010

I have been tasting so many different wines, leaving me in quandary as to what wine to review next.  Since I have not reviewed a sweet wine in a while I'm going with my recent tasting of Cupcake MoscatoCupcake makes some wonderful wines and Fresh Market finally got their Moscato into the store.  It's been a big seller!

Cupcake 2010 Moscato* ($10) is from Asti D.O.C.G, Italy.  This is 100% Moscato and a delightfully fruity wine.  The flavors on my palate were peach and lychee.  Refreshing.  Perfect for the warmer weather.  Customers, who tasted, that enjoy sweet wine, LOVED this Moscato.  As one of my customers said, "this is a happy little wine."   

Winemaker's Notes:  "Expressive with floral notes that dominate with hints of peach and flavors of tropical fruits and lychee. It is a soft and luscious wine with just a hint of effervescence to tickle the palate and balance the sweetness. With bright fruit flavors and finesse, it’s reminiscent of a pineapple right-side up cupcake.   

Food Pairing Recommendations:  Enjoy with mascarpone cheese or with any dessert such as fresh berries and cream or vanilla bean poached pears."

*In prior releases Cupcake Moscato was non-vintage and made from Muscat of Alexandria grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment