Monday, March 14, 2011

Kendall-Jackson, Avant, 2009

I’ve always found Kendall-Jackson’s Chardonnay to be okay; nothing special that I had to have as it varied from year to year.  However, during a Chardonnay tasting I was doing this past weekend a few customers told me how good Avant was. A Kroger wine consultant also told me it was quite nice and one I should try.  They were right. It was enjoyable and a wine I’d buy again.  

 Avant is a combination of oak aged and stainless steel fermented grapes.  It is nicely balanced.  Light hint of oak, slightly creamy, green apple, and pineapple, with an acidity that does not turn off my palate.  I must admit I’ve never been able to pick out floral notes or pear on my palate, so these flavors I leave to you.

Winemaker's Notes:  This refreshing Chardonnay bursts with intriguing layers of fresh pineapple, bright green apple, crisp Meyer lemon, juicy pear and wildflowers. The wine's refreshing acidity and sleek mineral notes are balanced by a rounded mid-palate with a long, pure fruit finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment