Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Louis M. Martini Cabernet Sauvignon, 2008

I recently had a bottle of Louis M. Martini 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon  from Sonoma County.  It was delightful.  The flavors were cherry and blackberry with a hint of spice.  It was well balanced (no one element overpowering another) and not tannic.  I was able to sip, cook, relax and enjoy it with my meal.  You can't say no to this wine.  It's a must try.


Winemaker's Notes:  Made to accentuate the hightoned, delightful fruits of Sonoma County's vineyards, the wine offers many layers, featuring aromas and flavors of red cherry, blackberry and fresh sage with an underlying dry creek dustiness.  Subtle herbal notes are complimented by additional layers of chocolate and vanilla, resulting in a complex, yet easy to enjoy, wine.


Just looking at the Winemakers flavor profile makes me anxious for the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone Mastering Wine I class that I'll be taking.  I want to be able to distinguish more flavors and not just one or two.  I understand balance, but want a better appreciation for layering.

No comments:

Post a Comment