Friday, July 8, 2011

Banfi Chianti Superior and Cupcake Moscato

I poured two wines at last Saturday's tasting.  

Banfi 2009 Chianti Superior ($9.79) from Italy. This is not 100% Sangiovese, but the blend is not available for their 2009 vintage.  I'm at a loss for this wine.  It met with mixed reviews from customers and it mostly was not favorable.  As for myself, I found it very inconsistent.  Throughout the tasting I taste the wines I'm pouring to see how they've changed after being opened.   This wine was all over the place and not in a good way.  It was tart, tannic, and occasionally vinegary.  I questioned the stores wine consultant on whether it had gone bad, but they said it was fine.  I don't recommend this.  

Winemaker's Notes:  (Not available)  

Cupcake (NV) Moscato  ($9) from Italy and 100% Muscat of Alexandria.  A great fruity aroma with a melon and apricot flavor.  A nice refreshing wine with a little frizzante.  If you're a Moscato fan, you should try this. 

Winemaker's Notes:  Add sparkle to  your life with our creamy, delicious bubbly made of 100% Moscato grapes grown in the  hills of Italy's Piedmont region.  Another great reason to reward yourself.  It is a fragrant and delicious white wine with gentle bubbles, perfect for brunch, aperitif or dessert.  Aromas of peaches along with flavors of tropical fruits and lychee.  It is a rich full-bodied wine with just a hint of effervescence to tickle the palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment