Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Broadbent Vinho Verde

Hot, Hot, Hot, HOT, HOT!  I cannot stand this weather.  To help cool things off I needed something cool, crisp, refreshing, and low in alcohol.  The solution - Vinho Verde!  I've had, and enjoyed, Las Lilas (reviewed on June 4th), and Twin Vines, so I had to taste something new.  Broadbent, was the only other Vinho Verde on the shelf .  

Broadbent Vinho Verde ($8.75 on sale from $10.79) is from the north of Portugal. The alcohol level is 9%.  A crisp patio wine with frizzante.  An undetectable aroma, the flavor was all green apple tartness. Any flavors of white peach and melon (see Winemaker's Notes) were overpowered.  If you're in the mood for a tart wine, then this one's for you.  Unfortunately it was not what I was looking for.  I prefer a Vinho Verde with a mild, hint of citrus.  

Winemaker's Notes Beautifully fresh with tart green apple, white peach and melon flavors.  A delicious crisp and zesty finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment