Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mark West Pinot Noir, 2009

On numerous occasions, customers have told me how much they enjoy Mark West Pinot Noir.  I finally had the opportunity to taste it when another distributor was doing a tasting at the same time as me.

Mark West's motto is "Pinot for the People" and I can say from conversations with customers they do enjoy this Pinot Noir.  A California wine, the grapes are sourced from at least 5 growing regions.  The 2009 I tasted was light with a spice flavor that overpowered any fruit (as detailed in the Winemaker's Notes below).  Not a wine I'd purchase as ... I've said this before ... there are other Pinot Noir's I enjoy more.  However, based on customer's opinions, I'd say give it a try.  

Winemaker's Notes:  Enticing aromas of strawberry/rhubarb pie, raspberry preserves, and cranberry, with barrel notes of vanilla cream and baking spices. The sweet entry of strawberry and plum fruit flavors is followed by a juicy, boysenberry middle and cherry, cola berry finish. Oak aging contributes a touch of cardamom spice and rounds out the palate. Easy drinking Pinot perfect for any dining occasion or simply enjoy by the glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment