Friday, July 1, 2011

La Crema Pinot Noir, 2009 - Sonoma County

I've had La Crema's 2008 Pinot Noir  from both Sonoma County and Napa Valley.  I enjoyed them both.  The 2009 from Sonoma is  now available so I had to try it.  

The 2009 La Crema Pinot Noir  has an enticing cherry aroma.  On my palate I taste the flavors of cherry, spice and a hint of chocolate.  The tannins are mild.  A nicely balanced wine.  It also has a nice mouthfeel and isn't thin like some Pinot Noirs that I've tasted. I have no hesitation in recommending this to you or any of my customers.

Winemaker's Notes:  Alluring cherry and spice over juicy, jammy notes.  The 2009 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir offers aromas of lush cherry and red plum, with subtle hints of black tea and cola.  On the palate, flavors are ripe and elegant, centering on red cherry and spice with a touch of earthiness and dark chocolate.  A rich, juicy mid-palate and vivid acidity lead to plush tannins on the finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment