Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cellar No. 8 Zinfandel, 2008

Cooking with wine - again.  This time I needed a Zinfandel for my beef short ribs.  I enjoyed the Cellar No. 8 Cabernet and I thought I'd give their Zinfandel a taste. 

Cellar No. 8 2008 Zinfandel is from California and 100% Zinfandel.  The aroma is an intense black cherry, black pepper and chocolate.  On my  palate it was definitely spice.  That kind of "warms the back of your throat" feeling.  Smooth.  Nicely balanced.   But, given a choice, I prefer their Cabernet Sauvignon.

Winemaker's Notes:  Deep ruby in color.  A classic California Zinfandel with intense notes of blackberry and spice with juicy black cherry, black pepper and chocolate on the palate.  Lush and concentrated, this wine has a long and complex finish, perfect with spicy pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment