Monday, July 11, 2011

Jade Mountain Merlot, 2007

For the next couple days, I am attending the Fancy Food Show in Washington DC.  All I can say, is YUM!  I went to dinner with both people in the wine industry and wine enthusiasts.  It goes without saying we had wine with dinner.  On the wine list was Jade  Mountain Merlot.  I enjoy Jade Mountain's Cabernet and Chardonnay, so I had to have their Merlot.  

Jade Mountain 2007 Merlot is 100% Merlot from California - the regions of Napa Valley (65%) and  San Luis Obispo County (35%). This has a luscious aroma of cherry with spice.  A comforting and enjoyable flavor of cherry and spice as well. Very well balanced.  I ate rib eye steak with roast fingerling potatoes for dinner and this paired perfectly with it. 

Winemaker's Notes:  Jade Mountain Merlot is densely packed with heady aromas of ripe fruit laced with exotic spices. Flavors of rich dark cherry and plum intermingle with caramel notes and hints of Asian spice and cinnamon. The texture is rich and generous, with firm but approachable tannins. This wine is well structured and harmonious.

No comments:

Post a Comment