Monday, July 25, 2011

Simply Naked Pinot Grigio and Cabernet Sauvignon

For the last four days, my life has been like a speeding train; more hectic than I can keep up with.  The only saving grace were my wine tastings this weekend.  NEW WINES!  I poured a few new ones, tasted  from two other distributors, and I purchased a couple.  Life was looking up!  

Friday's tasting was on two wines from Simply NakedSimply Naked sources their grapes from the best regions in California and the wines are all unoaked.  In general, I'm not typically an fan of unoaked Chardonnay, but with the two wines I tasted being unoaked allowed the flavors to shine.   

Simply Naked 2010 Pinot Grigio ($8.79) is refreshingly light and crisp.  The aroma is a mild grapefruit with a mild grapefruit flavor that finishes with lime.  Customers loved this wine and I sold out. 

Winemaker's NotesSimply Naked Pinot Grigio is a refreshing, fruit forward wine with bright citrus flavors of lime and orange rind. 


Simply Naked 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon ($8.79) is a medium body wine with a bold aroma of black cherry.  The black cherry flavor was less bold and the wine slightly tannic and off balance.  However, for the price it's a great everyday wine and perfect for grilling and casual meals.  Customer's enjoyed this as well. 

Winemaker's NotesSimply Naked Cabernet Sauvignon is a full-bodied, fruit forward wine with an explosion of plum and black cherry flavors. 

Overall, both wines were a hit with customers.  Good value for everyday table wine.

1 comment:

  1. I keep a bottle or two of both of these handy at all times because they do pair well with several foods and are inexpensive. So when I suddenly host a small feast, I've got something that generally works. Me thinks you're right on with this review.

    ReplyDelete