Saturday, April 16, 2011

Dogfish Head Red & White

You may be thinking, "Dogfish Head is a beer."  Well, you're right.  While in New York last week I was looking at beer for my son.  When I travel I try to buy him beer he cannot find in Virginia.  While on  my search I found Dogfish Head Red &White.  The label said there was some Pinot Noir in it and was oak aged. I considered it wine related and had to taste it!  

Dogfish Head Red & White  is enjoyable.  I tasted a hint of cherry from the Pinot Noir, coriander and orange.  I enjoy wheat beers and this one is no exception.  

Brewer's Notes:  A big, belgian-style Wit brewed with coriander and orange peel and fermented with Pinot Noir juice. After fermentation a fraction of the batch is aged in one of our giant oak tanks. This has been one of our most popular Limited Edition beers at both our Rehoboth Beach, DE brewpub and at festivals. It successfully marries the refreshing citrusy qualities of a Belgian-style white beer with the robust complexity of a bold red wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment