Monday, April 18, 2011

Murphy-Goode The Fumé and The Beach House White

What a fun wine tasting on Saturday!  The store I was doing my tasting at had three distributors pouring their wines. 15 wines were available for tasting and customers were allowed to choose 10 to taste.  I met a lot of nice customers, but then again you don't meet grumpy people when pouring wine.  

I poured four wines.  I will review two today and two tomorrow. 

Murphy-Goode 2009 The Fumé is from California, North Coast.  It is 100% Sauvignon Blanc and is partially fermented in stainless steel and partially oak aged.  This was very popular with the customers, but I was not a fan.  I found this wine to be to tart and it shut down my palate.  

Winemaker's Notes:  (not available)  

The Beach House 2010 White is from South Africa, Douglas Green Winery.  It is a blend of 85% Sauvignon Blanc and 15% Semillon.  The Beach House had a hint of grassiness with gooseberries; the finish was on the tart side grabbing the back sides of my tongue. I thought it was enjoyable.  Customers enjoyed this wine and many commented how they were going to take it to the beach.  This wine is crisp and perfect for the summertime. 

Winemaker's Notes:  (not available)  

I found it interesting with these two wines that customers either liked Beach House Sauvignon Blanc or  Murphy-Goode The Fumé.  There were no customers that enjoyed both. 

The other two wines I poured were Lander-Jenkins 2008 Cabernet and Costello del Poggio Moscato.  I will review these tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment