Monday, April 4, 2011

Jacobs Creek Pinot Grigio, 2009

I was excited to try Jacobs Creek Pinot Grigio (Classic Range) from Australia. Typically I enjoy Italian and domestic Pinot Grigios so something new would be exciting. 

I find Italian and domestic Pinot Grigios to have a mild grapefruit and citrus fruit profile.  A nice change from Sauvignon Blancs.  The 2009 Jacobs Creek Pinot Grigio is all TART, lemon tart.  There was nothing subtle about it (see Winemaker's Notes).  Because it was so tart no other flavors came through.  I'm not use to having a wine make me pucker.  On the plus side for me - this was not overly acidic.  On it's own it wasn't for me, but pairing with food where the primary ingredient is lemon or acidity based then it would be great as it would balance out the flavor.

Winemaker's Notes:  Appealing aroma’s of fresh red apple and quince fruit, which are highlighted with a subtle background of lemon citrus and honeysuckle. The palate is fresh and lively revealing lemon citrus and fresh apple fruit flavours, these are complimented by a zesty natural acidity and soft lingering finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment