Monday, April 11, 2011

White Sangria Recipe

The weather was quite warm yesterday and I was in the mood for Sangria.  I just wanted to sit on the deck and relax with Salsa Fresca, Guacamole, and chips.  This time I prepared my White Sangria and thought I'd share this with you. 

White Sangria
3 c. Chardonnay* (do not use a Chardonnay with a  strong oak 
          profile, you can substitute Riesling if you would prefer, 
          you would then need less simple syrup)
1 c. simple syrup** (or more to taste)
1 c. tropical fruit juice, or white juice of your choosing
3 oz. white rum
2 oz. orange liquor (Triple Sec, Cointreau)
1-1/2 to 2 c. chopped fruit (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, 
          blackberries, orange)*** 

Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher or punch bowl.  Serve in glasses filled with ice. 

*3 cups of wine is just short of one 750 ml. bottle of wine. 

**Simple syrup is a 50/50 mixture of water and sugar.  Bring to a boil on the stove and put in the refrigerator to cool. 

***Since this is a white sangria I do not use white fruits (e.g. apple, pear), but you can if you want to.

For more sangria recipes see my post of March 24th.

No comments:

Post a Comment