Thursday, April 21, 2011

Marquis-Phillips Grenache, 2008

It has been quite a while since I've tasted Marquis-Phillips wines.  When I had the opportunity to try it again I was excited. 

The 2008 Marquis-Phillips Grenache is from McLaren Vale, Australia.  When I tasted it, it started with a cherry flavor and finished with spice.  It was not tannic, but did have a thin mouthfeel.  I did  not get any of the flavor profile the winemaker says exists in this wine. I did not enjoy this as much as I use to.  The thin mouthfeel didn't do it for me. The 2008 Marquis-Phillips Grenache was just okay and there are  many other wines out there that are more enjoyable. 

Winemaker's Notes:  Deep garnet-red, purple rim. Perfumed blueberry liqueur, sweet vanilla overlay. Creamy blueberry tart notes. Rich, sweet, mouth-filling. Patisserie, chocolate sauce. A hint of aniseed liqueur. Gentle defining tannins on finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment