Monday, March 12, 2012

Legacy Late Harvest Pinot Noir, 2010

While doing my wine tasting at a Kroger, a customer asked the Kroger wine consultant for a late harvest Pinot Noir.  My ears perked up as I had not heard of a late harvest Pinot Noir (just late  harvest Rieslings).  The Kroger wine consultant told me it was actually pretty good wine and her customers that enjoyed sweet white wines enjoyed this wine as well.  I was intrigued and had to taste it for myself.  

Legacy 2010 Late Harvest Pinot Noir ($9) is from Murfatlar Winery in Romania.  As it is a late harvest wine, the grapes are left on the vine for a longer period of time allowing them to build up more residual sugar.  This was pretty good and a great alternative for those who enjoy sweet white wines that want to begin transitioning to red wines.  The color was a dark garnet.  Aroma black currant with plum and some earthiness.  Flavor was slightly jammy with a hint of molasses.  Smooth.    If you enjoy sweet wines  you may want to give this one a try.

Winemaker's Notes:  (Not available.)

No comments:

Post a Comment