Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Snoqualmie Naked Riesling, 2008

For Christmas I was given a bottle of Snoqualmie 2008 Naked Riesling.  I finally opened it last night.  

Snoqualmie 2008 Naked Riesling is from Horse Heaven Hills in the Columbia Valley, Washington.  This is 100% organically grown Riesling grapes.  I must admit I did not get any of the aromas or flavors described in the winemaker's notes (below).  I found the aroma more tropical (banana and lychee) and the flavor ... I just could not put my finger on it.  It was almost like a Muscate.  This wine was interesting. Good.  But, interesting.  I'm going to have to taste the latest vintage (2010) to see how they compare. 

Winemaker's Notes:  Organically farmed and produced, this Riesling offers bright aromas of spicy pear and apple, with a hint of mineral carried through on the palate. The off-dry finish is clean and soft and the pure elegance of the varietal is fully captured in this bottling. A perfect aperitif or wine pairing with assorted cheeses.

No comments:

Post a Comment