Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Risata Pinot Grigio, 2010

While in Costco I happened upon Risata Pinot Grigio.  For a few reasons I had to taste this wine - 1. The weather here in Richmond, VA is turning warmer, 2. I've been reviewing red wines, and 3. I've also tasted, and enjoyed, Risata Moscato (reviewed on August, 26, 2011).

Risata 2010 Pinot Grigio ($12 Costco) is 100% Pinot Grigio and from Fruili, Italy. The aroma is a nice light fruit (not citrus for me).  The flavors on my palate are mostly citrus.  This is a light body wine.  Nice flavor.  Glad I tasted it.  It would be easy to pair with food.   

Winemaker's Notes:  Risata Pinot Grigio has wonderful aromas of pear, citrus and melon. On the palate, flavors of pear and apple with citrus accents mix with a crisp and refreshing finish.  Pairs well on its own, scallops, shrimp, grilled fish, or summer salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment