Friday, August 12, 2011

Bailly Lapierre Cerémant de Bourgogne Brut

I missed the wine tasting with my friend Jon so I purchased a bottle of the wine he was pouring.  My Kroger wine consultant told me that it was a nice bottle of bubbly confirming that I had to buy it. 

Bailly Lapierre Cerémant de Bourgogne Brut ($13) is from France.  A blend of 90% Pinot Noir and 10% Gamay, this is made in the methode champenoise, but aged for a lesser period of time.  Alcohol is 12%.   An off-dry sparkling wine with a lovely light raspberry color.   Perfect for celebrations and picnics.  Enjoyable and great value for the money.

Winemaker's Notes:  The Rosé Crémant comes from lightly steeped Pinot Noir (90%) and Gamay (10%) grapes.  The first variety brings a winery character, the second its unmistakeable aromas of red berry fruit.  A wine for easy enjoyment par excellence, it possesses a delicious softness free of anything sugary.  Entirely fresh and with real finesse, its mousse displays an almost froth, airy lightness.

No comments:

Post a Comment