Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tilia Chardonnay, 2009

During one of my tastings a customer recommended Tilia Chardonnay to me.  Because I find Chardonnay's to be all over the board - too oakie, unoaked, fruit, no fruit, too acidic, etc. - I'm always willing to try a Chardonnay that someone recommends. Besides, if I've tasted a wine I can recommend it to a customer (or not). 

Tilia 2009 Chardonnay is from Mendoza, Argentina.  It is aged in French and American oak for 6 months. If you enjoy oak, this has nice oak on the palate.  However, I found it fell short on fruit.  A quick flash of fruit was quickly over powered by the oak and acidity.  It also had a tart finish.  

Winemaker's Notes:  The Tilia Chardonnay shows a straw-yellow color with light shades of green.  The nose represents ripe tropical fruit aromas with citrus and floral notes.  The mouth feel is full and rich, with concentrated pear and fig fruit flavors with layers of vanilla and sweet spice from light oak aging.  The finish is clean and fresh with bright, crisp acidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment