Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Recipe - Perfect Pairing

There is no question that I enjoy food and wine.  That's why I was a personal chef and do wine tastings.  I also have my favorite foods and favorite wines.  Prosciutto di Parma is one of my favorite foods.  Prosecco is one of my  favorite wines.  Together they are the perfect pairing. Salt and bubbles go so well together.  Here is a quick easy recipe to pair with Prosecco.  (This also follows one of my food pairing rules (March 30, 2011): match the wine and food from the same region.  In this instance: Italy.) 

Arugula, Burrata, and Prosciutto 

Ingredients:     
     2 oz. Arugula
     1 container Burrata*, sliced
     8 slices Prosciutto di Parma, 
          sliced thin
     Olive oil
     Kosher salt

Directions:

     On individual plates, place a single layer of arugula.  On top of the arugula place two slices of Buratta.  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a little Kosher salt.  Place one slice of Prosciutto on top of each slice of Buratta.  Serve and enjoy. 

Yields:  4 servings 

Note:  One  container of Buratta (I use BelGioioso) contains 2 small balls. 

On April 24, 2011 I reviewed Riondo Proseco (my favorite).  This with the arugula, Buratta and Prosciutto make the perfect pairing. 

*Burrata is fresh Mozzarella filled with mozzarella soaked in cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment