Thursday, August 11, 2011

Rustenberg Sauvignon Blanc, 2010

Looking at my recent reviews and the wines I've been tasting, I must admit the flavor profiles for the white wines are all relatively similar (grapefruit and gooseberries).  Subconsciously I must be craving these wines.  It looks like Chardonnay hasn't even been on my radar.  I'm going to have seek out a Chardonnay.  Any suggestions?

Rustenberg 2010 Sauvignon Blanc ($14 at Costco) is from the Western Cape of South Africa.  It is a blend of 95% Sauvignon Blanc and 5% Semillion.  Alcohol 13.5%.  The aroma was what I expected from a South African Sauvigon Blanc - citrus and herbacious.  The flavor was a bold gooseberry with a hint of grass.  The wine was off-dry and well balanced.  Enjoyable.  

Winemaker's Notes:  The intrinsic Sauvignon Blanc characteristics of green pepper, asparagus and gooseberry, with underlying tones of pineapple and passion fruit, are sustained on a fresh, crispy and well-balanced palate with prodigious length.

No comments:

Post a Comment