Friday, August 19, 2011

Gravelly Ford Chardonnay, 2010

Last weekend several customers asked me what I thought of Gravelly Ford Chardonnay (it was new into the store).  Never having tasted it, I was not able to provide feedback.  As luck would have it the wine was on sale - two for the price of one.  I purchased the Chardonnay and Zinfandel.  Last night I tasted the Chardonnay so I would be prepared this weekend for my customers.  

Gravelly Ford 2010 Chardonnay ($10 regular price, $5 on sale) is from California.  A light colored straw with 12.5% alcohol.  The aroma intensity was mild -  lemon, grass, and smoke.  The flavor also mild - pineapple and hint of oak, with a tart (lemon) finish.  A bit of creaminess as well.  Balanced.  A nice bottle of Chardonnay especially for $5. 

Winemaker's Notes:  (Not available)

No comments:

Post a Comment