Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Belle Glos Meiomi Pinot Noir



Yesterday I posted about Mer Soleil Chardonnay which I purchased at Kroger.  From Kroger I headed to Costco to run errands.  I can't pass by the wine section.  I have to browse.  I came across Belle Glos Meiomi Pinot Noir.  This is another Wagner Family vineyard. Another reminder of a great trip to California. I just had to taste it!    Luckily this cost less than the Mer Solieil.  


Belle Glos Meiomi 2009 Pinot Noir ($18) is from California.  The grapes are from the following counties: 47% Sonoma, 34% Santa Barbara, and 19% Monterey.  Bell Glos Meiomi 2009 Pinot Noir  is elegant and AMAZING!  A dark garnet color with rich aromas and flavors that just keep unfolding.  Aromas of dried fruit, blackberries, cherry cola, earthy, and leather.  Flavors of cherry cola, leather, and an earthiness.  A medium finish and a nicely balanced, complex wine.  I could have sniffed, swirled, sniffed, and sipped all night.  I am going back to Costco to purchase a few more bottles and also get some for gifts.  Belle Glos Meiomi 2009 Pinot Noir leaves you wanting more.  

Winemaker's Notes:  Bright, deep garnet color. Aromas of cola, blackberries and a sweet cedar note. A greatly layered palette abundant in flavor and texture. The first entry encases the mouth with a velvety richness. Then the wine unloads with flavors of bright cherry, cola, dried leaves undertoned with vanilla, leather and high style oak. The many layers emerge independently, then refocus while the supple tannins carry the wine through to a lingering, succulent finish.

     Since I reviewed two Wagner Family wines yesterday and today (Mer Soliel and Belle Glos), tomorrow I'll have to review the wines I tasted at Caymus (also Wagner Family) when I was in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment