Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sparkling Margarita

I needed a break from wine and was craving something bubbly.  Just plain Cava, Prosecco, or Champagne would not do.  I've been cooking a lot and was feeling creative.  One of my magazines mentioned a Sparkling Margarita, without listing the ingredients, so I had to play with it.  I'd solve my bubbly craving and prepare one of my favorite mixed drinks - a Margarita.  Here's the end result:


Sparkling Margarita
1 oz. fresh lime juice*
1 oz. simple syrup **
1 oz. Tequilla
1 oz. Triple Sec (or orange liquor of your choice)
1/4 cup (4 oz.) Sparkling wine   

Combine first four ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.  Shake well.  Strain into your favorite glass or champagne flute.  Add sparkling wine.  Salting the rim is optional.   ENJOY!


*I tried using bottled sweetened lime juice, but the drink was way too tart.


** Simple Syrup:  Mix equal parts sugar and water in a small saucepan.  Heat to boiling and stir until sugar is dissolved.  Let cool and refrigerate.  Will keep in a jar in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment