Saturday, June 4, 2011

Los Lilas Vinho Verde, Coppola Rosso, and Clos du Bois Chardonnay

Before I get into Los Lilas, I'll quickly mention yesterdays wine tasting.  Two wines were tasted and both have been reviewed before.  One was a huge hit and the other ... not so much.


First, the favorite of the evening, Coppola Rosso, 2009, a wonderful California red blend.  Although I  reviewed this on May 3rd, I just wanted to reiterate that this wine is great for the price ($9).  Customers love it and last night it was flying off the table!



The least favorite of the evening was Clos du Bois 2009 Chardonnay ($11.50, reviewed on March 18th). A handful of customers said they enjoyed this Chardonnay, but in the end only one bottle was sold. 



 

During yesterdays tasting I was speaking with customers about food, grilling, and the hot weather.  By the time I got home I was ready for something crisp and refreshing.  Something to kick back and relax.  I decided to open Las Lilas 2010 Vinho Verde.  It just made me say, "aaahhhhh".

Las Lilas 2010 Vinho Verde ($8), is from Portugal and a blend of Loureiro and Treixadura.  A light floral aroma, and a light lemon flavor, almost youthful, that is crisp and refreshing. Reminiscent of  Perrier with lemon, but does not have that watery mouthfeel; very pleasant.  This is a great wine for picnics, grilling, sipping and relaxing, as a palate cleanser, and with light finger foods/appetizers.  A patio wine.   

Winemaker's Notes:  Good intensity, white fruits, with floral notes. Elegant and fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment