Thursday, June 2, 2011

Jade Mountain Chardonnay, 2008

Getting back into the swing of things has been hectic to say the least.  Today has gotten away from me.  I had no time to write my review of Merryvale and was searching my wines when I realized my review of May 11th was written, but never posted.  Here it is ...

This Chardonnay is a favorite of mine.  My son gave it to me for Mother's Day and it was a perfectly delicious gift! 

Jade Mountain 2008 Chardonnay is a California wine.  The grapes are sourced from Monterey County (46%), San Luis Obispo County (33%), and Santa Barbara Country (21%).  It has a delicious tropical fruit and apple flavor with a nice balance of oak. Crisp and a bit of creaminess. Great on a summer day, for sipping or with food. 

Winemaker's Notes: This mouthwatering Chardonnay showcases the perfect marriage of vineyards for a complex combination of characters. Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties, cool-climate regions ideal for Chardonnay, contribute white floral aromas and flavors of tropical fruits, with a hint of lemon meringue pie. Monterey County provides bright acidity with citrus and green apple crispness. Spice notes add to the complexity of this mouthfilling wine with a creamy, long and lingering finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment