Friday, May 6, 2011

7 Heavenly Chards, 2010

During one of my tastings a customer recommended 7 Heavenly Chards to me.  Of course I had to try it. 

7 Heavenly Chards is from Lodi, California, Michael David Winery.  It is the sister wine to 7 Deadly Zins (a favorite of mine).  It has such a delightful and inviting aroma.  I wasn't able to put my finger on the aroma but when I saw the winemaker's notes I knew it had to be crème brulee.  The flavor is light lemon with green apple giving you that hint of tart with a nice acidity.  For me the oak is very light.  Hint of creaminess.  Quite enjoyable and glad it was recommended to me.

Winemaker's Notes:  This Chardonnay opens with a crème brulee like bouquet. On the palate, this wine is full bodied, balanced, and creamy. The flavor profile is of lemon custard, green apple, citrus, and with a hint of oak in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment