Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Show Malbec, 2009

The Show 2009 Malbec is from Mendoza, Argentina and produced by Three Thieves (later for this after my review of the wine).  When I first saw the label on the bottle I thought to myself, "this wine can't be very good", but boy was I ever wrong.  The Show is wonderful!  (On Three Thieves' website they say, "a bold label, for a bold wine".)  For once I find the Winemaker's Notes to be spot on (okay, I don't taste the violets - go figure).  A yummy (I know, not a wine term) black cherry, pepper, and spice flavor with smooth tannins and long velvety finish.  I recommend this Malbec to customers and I highly recommend it to  you.  

Winemaker's NotesThe Show Malbec is a delicious wine with flavors of blackberry, cranberry, white pepper and spice, with toasty vanilla and violets. The wine has smooth tannins, a velvety texture and a long, lingering finish.  

Now for Three Thieves.  When I went to their website for a bottle shot and Winemaker's Notes I saw that Three Thieves is founded by three men one of whom is Joel Gott whose 815 Cabernet I reviewed only two days ago. The other two men are Roger Scommegna who founded realtor.com, and Charles Beiler who has a wine background from France. They search for high-end varietals (around the world) to produce top quality wine.  They produce The Bandit tetra packs and have a partnership with Newman's Own Wines.

As for the label, they partnered with Nashville’s Hatch Show Print for this.  The front and back labels (I now think) are pretty awesome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment