Monday, May 30, 2011

Red Diamond Cabernet, 2008

I'm back in Virginia with the 90+ degree heat and humidity.  Oooh, how I'm missing that delightful California weather.  To get back into the swing of things I'm staying in the air conditioned house and cooking.  Cooking while enjoying a glass (or two) of wine is relaxing for me.   I purchased a few cookbooks on my trip and read them on the plane.  Last night I prepared "Fresh Berries with Raspberry Cabernet Sauce" from The Wine Sense Dietby Annette Shafer. (I purchased this when we went to Shafer Vineyards with our CIA class.)  What a great recipe.  Fresh strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries with a thick, rich Raspberry Cabernet Sauce.  I cannot reprint the recipe, but if you e-mail I'd be glad to share.  Anyway, I thought I'd review the wine I used in preparing the Raspberry Cabernet Sauce.  It is a wine I use for cooking and I also enjoy drinking. 


Red Diamond 2008 Cabernet is from Washington state and has some Syrah and Merlot blended in.  It has a lovely aroma of black cherry and spice.  Flavors of black cherry and raspberry, with a spice finish. This is one of Washington state's many wonderful wines.


Winemaker's Notes:  Aromas of cassis and licorice with hints leather precede a rich, velvety textured
palate of red fruit jam and a sweet touch of toasty oak on the long finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment