Saturday, January 21, 2012

Columbia Crest Two Vines Chardonnay, 2009

Yesterday I met a friend for lunch at PF Changs.  I ordered a glass of Columbia Crest Two Vines Chardonnay ($6/glass).  Never having  tasted it, this was my opportunity.  It would be another wine that I could recommend (or not) to customers.  

Columbia Crest Two Vines Chardonnay is from Washington State.  This is stainless steel fermented and 20% oak aged for six months undergoing malolactic fermentation.  It had a delightful buttery aroma with a hint of fruit.  The flavor was fruit and butter with a hint of oak. A tad creamy.  VERY nice. I would not hesitate to recommend this to customers.  It was the perfect pairing for my Seared Ahi Tuna.  YUM!   

Winemaker's Notes:  This lighter style Chardonnay opens with aromas of freshly sliced apples and pears. Vibrant orchard fruit flavors are accented by hints of citrus and toasty oak ending with a juicy, crisp finish.  Intended for immediate enjoyment, this Chardonnay captures the varietal intensity indicative of wines from Washington state.

No comments:

Post a Comment