Saturday, January 14, 2012

Faith Shiraz, 2007

Customers recommend wines to me that they've enjoyed.  I will purchase them and taste them when possible.  Recently one of my customers recommended Faith Shiraz.  Since it was from Australia  I had to taste it to see how it compared to my favorite Australian Shriaz Two Hands Gnarly Dudes (reviewed June 26, 2011).  

Faith 2007 Shiraz ($15) is from St. Hallett Winery in Barossa Valley, Australia. It has a deep rich purple color.  The nose and flavor are earthy and tobacco.  The fruit (see Winemaker's Notes below) escaped me.  Tannins were low.  Nicely balanced.  Although enjoyable, it does not replace my favorite Two Hands Gnarly Dudes which is more complex and jammy.  However, this was Faith's 2007 vintage where Two Hands is 2008.  When I see Faith 2008 in the stores I will give it a try (and review it).

Winemaker's Notes: A vibrant nose with lifted red fruits of cherry and raspberry, with underlying spices and chocolate.The delicious red fruits of the nose continue onto the palate, combing with hints of milk chocolate and spice notes. It offers a fruit-driven juicy front palate, followed by an even, textural experience, with smooth and supple tannins. Pair with grilled rack of lamb or fillet steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment